Skip to main content

Bottom has reached !

Obama gave an exceptional acceptance speech which would make even skeptics vote for him. Democratic party made an excellent choice as their presidential candidate and I fully support Obama for President. America needs change and who is better than Obama ?

Now coming to main topic - I have been calling market bottom for some weeks. With today's GDP report, I can confidently say that market have reached bottom few weeks back and it is on its way towards 12500 by end of year. Most promising part of today's market move was that financials have come back in a big way. I was glad that my call on mortgage insurers was so on the mark with 4 of my recommendations up by 20-50% in last few days. Since these stocks are still down by 80% from their peaks, I would recommend staying invested in these stocks or making positions when they come down little-bit (check out my recommended entry points in previous post).

I see scenario playing out exactly like 1992. Even though I was not in USA, from my reading, some of the similarities are:

  • Bush was president
  • Housing and financials were in trouble
  • Economy was in recession
  • Jobless rate was high
  • Young democratic candidate was inspiring America
Once Clinton was in office, we all know how markets did in 1990's. Hope Obama would do same for markets in next 8 years

Good night and good luck !

/Shyam

Comments

Anonymous said…
good luck with with that shy

i sincerly like you but i caution readers of this blog that this is dead wrong (spy p/e 26 and that is bottom LMFAO)

if you want i will illuminate many reasons why but if you overlook my previous comments you will see i have been dead on

deflation is a nasty girl shy

dont become a cramer

Popular posts from this blog

2026: The Year of Convergence – Melt-up, Moonshots, or Mid-cycle Correction?

Happy New Year! After another period of self-imposed hibernation from the blog—partly due to the festivals, travel, intertia and partly to watch the dust settle on a chaotic 2025—I decided to use the quiet of this New Year’s morning to finally reboot.  Looking back at my October post,  “Clicks to Tokens,”  the hunch about the AI theme held firm. We spent much of 2025 debating whether we were in 1998 or 2000. As we enter 2026, the answer seems to be "neither and both." We have the roaring optimism of the 1920s fueled by "Silicon Spirits," but with the high-speed volatility of the 2020s. So, as the calendar flips, what is in store for 2026? Markets may experience melt-up (S&P touching 8000),  with some moonshots (like SpaceX and OpenAI) IPOs or even see mid-cycle correction bringing down S&P to 6000. That's a wide range and will be decided by Four R's... Here are my thoughts on the " Four R’s ":  Rates, Robots, Rotations, and Real Assets. 1. ...

Rockets, Relics & Roaring Markets: The $4 Trillion Crossroads of 1927 and 1999

Happy (almost) Summer! After watching Kevin Warsh get sworn in at a White House ceremony two days ago, tracking three S-1 filings that could collectively hoover up more capital than every U.S. IPO since 2022 combined, and watching 26-year-old stock charts finally break to new highs — it felt like the right moment to ask the uncomfortable question out loud. Are we at a party that ends gracefully, or one that ends with the furniture on fire? The market is simultaneously flashing the neon signs of 1999  and  the orchestral excess of 1927. Most commentators reach for the dot-com playbook. I think the original Roaring Twenties is the better map. Here's why... Assembly Lines to AI Clusters Ford's River Rouge complex was the largest industrial facility on earth in the 1920s — raw iron in one end, a Model T out the other. Steel, rubber, and oil became the picks-and-shovels of the age. GE and Westinghouse were electrifying factories and homes. The infrastructure buildout  was ...

Stree-Dhan vs. Oracle of Omaha!

Happy February! After another brief hibernation from the blog—partly to digest the early year volatility and partly to observe the shifting sands of global liquidity—it’s time to look at some fascinating disconnects in the market. Lately, I’ve been thinking about the "Unbeatable Asset Class." No, I’m not talking about the S&P 500 or Nvidia. I’m talking about a collective force that has quietly outperformed the "Oracle of Omaha" for over two decades. 1. The Golden Saree: Indian Women vs. Warren Buffett If you look at the performance of Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-B) since the launch of the GLD ETF (the first gold ETF) in late 2004, you’ll find a startling reality. While Buffett is the gold standard of value investing, the "Gold Standard" itself—specifically in the hands of Indian households—has been a formidable rival. Data shows that since the inception of the GLD ETF in November 2004, the total return on Gold has actually surpassed Berkshire Hathaway. I...